What is DUI/OVI?
DUI is known as “Driving Under the Influence”. Ohio’s new acronym is OVI — “Operating a Vehicle Impaired”. It more accurately reflects Ohio’s DUI / OVI laws. First, you do not need to be “driving” in order to be charged with DUI or OVI. Second, a “vehicle” in Ohio includes traditional motorized vehicles as well as bicycles, golf carts, and lawn mowers. Finally, “impaired” now includes drugs of abuse, including prescription drugs. The entire Ohio DUI / Ohio OVI statute can be found at Ohio Revised Code section 4511.19.
If an officer has probable cause, you can be arrested, fingerprinted, have your photo taken, and placed in a holding cell, which could mean you spend the night in jail.
What are the consequences of a DUI/OVI conviction?
- Suspension of driver’s license
- Revocation of driver’s license
- Jail time
- Mandatory alcohol education programs
- Criminal Record
DUI Lawyer Bowling Green, Ohio
The law office of Skip Potter has one of the more impressive performance records as a DUI Attorney in the Northwest Ohio area, including Bowling Green, Findlay, Napoleon, Perrysburg, North Baltimore, Fremont and Fostoria in assisting to reduce and even remove all charges associated with the misdemeanor or felony offense of DUI/OVI.
As a DUI defense attorney, Albert L. Potter II is skilled in negotiating alternatives to jail and reducing charges. Our areas of expertise include the following in support of our attempts to either vacate the charge or reduce the sentence:
- Analyze the drunk-driving arrest
- Ensure that offices had reasonable suspicion in the initiation of the vehicle stop
- Analyze the records of the breathalyzer test for accuracy
- Negotiate based on the circumstances involved
Our office is available 24/7, day or night. For a free DUI defense consultation to discuss your DUI/OVI arrest, contact Skip Potter at 419-353-SKIP, or contact us online.
Delay No Further
Given below are a few helpful links:
- Bowling Green Municipal Court: http://www.bgcourt.org/
- Findlay Municipal Court: http://www.ci.findlay.oh.us/municourt/
- Perrysburg Municipal Court: http://www.perrysburgcourt.com/
- Maumee Municipal Court: http://www.maumee.org/municipal_court/search_court_case_information.php
- Toledo Municipal Court: http://www.toledomunicipalcourt.org/
- Sylvania Municipal Court: http://www.sylvaniacourt.com/